Saturday, April 5, 2008

Woooo finally time for a update. (Day two cont.)

Where was I? Ah yes, the Pyramids.

It was really amazing how they were able to construct such large structures so long ago with only the use of human beings. The degree of precision is also quite amazing.

After first arriving there we continued on and arrived at a small hill overlooking the three pyramids. There, we rented two camels (my dad was too heavy for all three of us to fit on one... just kidding) and took an infuriating slow trip in a straight line toward the smalles pyramid. I was hoping to atleast circle one of them, not just get increasingly closer. That just about sums up my visit of the pyramids. Next we went to the Sphynx which was quite a bit smaller than I thought but still pretty large. There isn't much to explain about this particular visit. They don't really let you get close enough to take a good photo of someone next to it. After that we just made a number of small stops to different shops before returning to our hotel (we were still ridiculously jet lagged).

No comments: